Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Cartoons of the 90's

Since most of my childhood took place in the 90's, some of the cartoons I enjoy the most are from this era. And thanks to media sources like as Youtube and Netflix, I am able to get my cartoon nostalgia on today. Recently the channel TeenNick has installed a late night segment entitled,"The 90's are All That." This segment includes reruns of many popular shows from the 1990's which includes cartoon shows as well. Some of the most memorable cartoons that I used to frequently watch as a kid are part of this segment. So naturally when I saw the commercial advertisement I leaped for joy! Happy Happy Joy Joy, for that matter..(reference to all you Ren and Stimpy fans out there). Some of the cartoon shows that the 90's segment features are Rugrats, Doug, Hey Arnold!, Rocko's Modern Life, and Ren + Stimpy to name a few. My favorite 90's cartoon show of all time.....Rocko's Modern Life. I believe that this special segment devoted to re-airing shows from the 90's was an excellent idea. Even before the segment aired I would always get into discussions with friends about how much I missed the crazy and funny cartoon shows from back in the day. Cheers to "The 90's are All That",  for those lost cartoon episodes will always hold a place in my childhood memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment